Digital Video Surveillance
Ditigal Surveillance with process automationS&T AG has a working relationship in the area of digital video surveillance with G4S, the internationally-renowned provider of security services.
G4S's role is to supply its expertise in the planning of surveillance facilities and in the formulation and delineation of the corresponding security-assurance processes and guidelines. S&T AG's role is to handle the technical implementation of the resultant projects. This is accomplished without entering into ties to manufacturers.
The range of services supplied by S&T is modularly-structured. These services comprise the procurement, delivery and installation of hardware, its linkage and networking – and, while doing so, the adherence to the security requirements established by the client, plus the furnishing of support of on-site facility operations monitoring and other capabilities.
The utilization of digital surveillance solutions benefits operators in a wide variety of ways, including
- Lower procurement and operating costs. These ensue through the use of non-proprietary hardware
- Especially great ease of expansion and the simple and cost-effective linkage into analog legacy solutions
- Vast number of automation options
- Automatic recognition of license plates
- Counting of visitors
- Compilation of analyses of visitor flows and of profiles of movements
- Capturing of barcodes
- Recognition of objects left behind
- Automatized notification of security services and the dispatching of a G4S unit
- Transaction-dependent recording of checkout and other procedures